Monday, August 5, 2013

Writing

Gooood morning everyone! Alrighty now, school's starting in just two weeks! I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little happy that summer is over. It gets boring for me because I seriously have nothing to do. 

Okay, remember when I said I liked to write, but I won't publish anything, ever? Well, it's not just about my sucky grammar. My story has no actual plot-line (though the only parts that connect are the beginning and end). It's kind of like a journal put into actual-story-mode. Now that I think about it, that's kind of like Dork Diaries and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Don't ya think so too? Nope, 'cause you still don't know anything about me yet.

Another thing about publishing is that you have to find an agent (or something like that... I don't know anything about that stuff... Except for what my language arts teacher told me). And find a good representing thingy. And lots o' editing is involved. And so on. Oh, and make sure you don't do what I just did in this paragraph.

See? I am horrible at writing. WHY did my friends say I'm good? No, I am NOT showing you any of my writing work, fanfiction or not. The only writing I have online is on my Quibblo... if you can find my Quibblo work, that is... Mwahahahaaah...

Those of you who are looking for some writing advice: you came to the wrong place. You are like, at the opposite side of advice. The only info I can think of is to have fun writing! I enjoy writing randomness aLl ZhE tImE (all the time. Yes, I replaced the 't' with a 'z'). Though no examples are on this rant blog right here as far as I can tell. I think.

Some more advice: Put some SOUL into dat writing of yours! Put emotional moments, holding-my-breath moments, my-sides-are-hurting moments! Anything that conveys a strong emotion is one part of creating a good story. Make sure you have a good plot-line, too. Otherwise you're gonna confuse your readers. If you think of spontaneous idea at the moment (like me) and you think it's okay, put it! Just make sure you don't throw readers off-plot, like what I do. 

Now for quotes, I got some advice for you. You can use slang in quotes, but don't use it in the actual writing. Now if the person has got an accent... I remember seeing words being 'misspelled' so the reader knows how the character is saying the words. But, uh, dun put ur mispeling liek dis, kk? No txt spk either. Got it? Got it. No ping-pong quotations either, like so:

"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing really."
"Nice weather outside, isn't it?"
"Yeah."
"Uh-huh."
"So, what do you want to do?"
"Let's go to Starbucks."

You have the idea. Even though I am not that much of a good writer, I don't do that. 

What else, you ask? I got nothing else to say to you.

Well then, time to prepare for my vacation in the Disney Dream! I haven't told my brother that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment